Updated September 4, 2015
How does Sonian define “Information” under this Policy?
• Information collected from you through access to or use of Sonian’s websites; and
• If you are a current customer, reseller or affiliate of Sonian,
o Your Data, if and as such term is defined in your Master Service Agreement, Private Label Reseller Agreement, Affiliate Agreement or other agreement with Sonian (the “Agreement”);
o If your Agreement does not define the term “Data,” any information collected through your and your users’ access to or use of our platform or services (the “Services”), including as the term “Services” is defined in the Agreement.
What is the Scope of this Policy?
What Kind of Information Does Sonian Collect?
Sonian may collect the following Information:
• Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that you voluntarily provide when using our websites or Services, including contact information (e.g., email address, name, telephone number, home or work address, and ZIP code) and billing information (e.g., credit card number, bank account number and billing address) as well as non-personally identifiable information;
• Standard information sent by your browser during visits to our websites or your use of our Services without identifying you as an individual, including IP address, your computer’s operating system, language preference and browser type; and
When you visit one of our websites, advertising companies such as Google may place a cookie on your computer and may collect certain information about your use of our websites. These companies may use this information, as well as information they collect from your use of other websites, to display advertisements on the Internet about products and services they believe you may be interested in. You can learn more about this practice, and can learn about your choices with respect to the use of this information about you for customizing advertisements, at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
How Does Sonian Use, Store and Retain Information?
Sonian may use, store and retain Information in the following ways:
• To provide you with information regarding the status of your account, to determine your tax status, and to bill you for our Services;
• To provide you with information and Services that you request from Sonian and to carry out Sonian’s obligations arising from any agreement entered into between you and Sonian, including the Agreement;
• To administer, test, analyze and improve Sonian’s Services and to facilitate marketing, including providing you with information about available Services and related products and services;
• To gather broad demographic and statistical information, and other non-personally identifiable information, which Sonian may use for purposes such as understanding broad demographic trends and statistical information;
• To notify you about changes to the Services, welcome letters, billing reminders, technical notifications, security announcements; and
• For other purposes to which you may provide your consent.
If you are an existing customer, unless you ask Sonian to provide you with additional marketing information, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or by posting to your account with Sonian).
How Does Sonian Access, Release and Disseminate Information?
Sonian will not disclose your Personal Information outside of Sonian without your prior consent unless it is:
• In response to subpoenas, warrants, government inquiries, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims, as determined by Sonian in each case;
• Disclosed to service providers and/or vendors who are engaged by Sonian to provide certain services to Sonian and in connection therewith are required to have access to your Personal Information; provided however, with respect to any Personal Information that is subject to Sonian’s Safe Harbor certification, the applicable provider and/or vendor will be required to first enter into a Safe Harbors-compliant onward transfer agreement;
• If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law (this includes exchanging information with other companies and
organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); and
• If Sonian, any of its websites or Services or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company.
What if I am Located within the European Economic Area or Switzerland?
If you are located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, your Sonian archive account and associated email data and metadata will be stored within data centers located in the EEA. However, certain information, including your account or user information (email addresses, names and phone numbers) may be transferred to the United States for processing If Sonian transfers your Information outside of the EEA or Switzerland in this way, it will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. In addition, if you access our websites or Services while you are outside of the EEA or Switzerland, your Information may be transferred outside of the EEA or Switzerland in order to provide you with such access.
Is My Information Secure?
Although Sonian uses reasonable efforts to protect your Information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure. Therefore Sonian cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted using our websites or Services and any transmission is at your own risk.
How Do I Terminate or Opt-Out?
You have the right to request that Sonian not contact you or use your Information for purposes which are not reasonably necessary for the administration of our websites and/or the provision of Services. If you wish to exercise this opt-out right or to terminate your account, please contact Sonian at 3 Allied Drive, Suite 155, Dedham MA 02026. You may also send an email to privacy@Sonian.com or access any available termination or opt-out features in the administrative control panel for your Account.
Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us regarding our provision of Services to you, including messages relating to your account. In addition, certain Information may be required in order to use our websites or Services; as such, the only practicable method to opt out of providing Information in connection with the use of those websites or Services would be to refrain from subscribing to or using those websites or Services.
You may also revise your contact and financial information or terminate your account through the administrative control panel for your Account.
3 Allied Drive
Dedham, MA 02026